YK:n alaisen Maailman ruokaohjelman (WFP) Pohjoismaiden toimisto etsii harjoittelijaa Kööpenhaminaan. Harjoittelu sijoittuu 5.3.-10.8.2018 väliselle ajalle. Hakemuksia otetaan vastaan tiistaihin 31.10. asti. Lue täällä lisää WFP:n Pohjoismaiden toimistosta.
Hakemus alla englanniksi. Alkuperäinen hakuilmoitus täällä.
World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. Every year, we reach around 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries. WFP is part of the United Nations system and voluntarily funded. Read more about the Nordic Office here. Through our internship programme we employ 3 students — one from Denmark, Finland and Norway respectively. The internship starts on February 5th and ends on August 10th 2018.
Working closely with our communications officer and under the supervision of the director of WFP’s Nordic Office, your main duties are:
- Maintain and further expand WFP Nordic Office’s online support base
- Creating content, translating, editing and updating Nordic language websites
- Creating content, translating, editing and updating Nordic language Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Translate and distribute corporate updates, statements and press-releases through national media outlets
- Cooperate on various campaigns and outreach activities
- Host visits and make presentations to students about the work of WFP
- Handle inquiries from students and general public
- Monitor national media on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant media coverage
- Carry out national political surveillance on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries
- Monitor trends and issues which impact hunger and food assistance and identify opportunities for WFP to influence public debate on hunger, food aid and development assistance
- Assist in the planning and preparation of visits, meetings and conferences, briefing material and other administrative matters
- Any other duties as required
- Experience in online communication — with a strong social media knowledge and working experience. Experience from journalism, communication or other information related work desirable
- Excellent written communication skills in Danish, Finnish or Norwegian — as relevant to the respective country under which you apply
- A good command of written and spoken English — the working language in WFP
- Completed at least two years of undergraduate studies
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme as an active student, who has attended courses at a degree level (as part of a programme) within the past 12 months from the start of the internship. Or have recently graduated from a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme and have attended courses at a degree level (as a part of the programme) within the past 6 months from the start of the internship.
Please be prepared to submit:
- Signed and stamped copy of official transcripts of courses attended within the past 6 months from the Registrar or Academic Services, stating the name of the programme/degree level you are enrolled in, dates, duration of course, etc.
- If you are currently enrolled please also submit a signed and stamped copy of confirmation of enrolment from the Academic Services or the Registrar’s Office showing that you are enrolled in a university programme throughout the duration of the internship. The certificate should include the programme/degree level you are enrolled in and expected graduation date/duration of the programme.
Terms and conditions:
The internship is full time. WFP pays a monthly stipend equivalent to around USD 900. WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation or travel to and from WFP internship location.
In preparation for the internship, you will have a full week of handover with the outgoing group of interns. The dates of the internship are therefore fixed.
Fill in and submit the Internship Application form (here) and upload your application in English consisting of a CV and a cover letter (max one page) in PDF.
Interviews will be held in English via Skype and are scheduled to take place mid-November. For questions, please contact:
Birgitte Keller Pedersen
Tel.: +45 45 33 53 50