UNFPA Nordic Office
UN City, Copenhagen
24 August 2020 – 29 January 2021
Who we are
UNFPA is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. UNFPA is working to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. The UNFPA Nordic Office serves to liaise with key external partners including governments, parliaments, NGOs and media in the Nordic countries covered by the office.
Analysis / Communication / Media related assignments:
- Political analysis; updating donor profiles of countries covered by UNFPA Nordic Office with emphasis on ODA policies and the UNFPA mandate;
- Media monitoring in all the countries covered by the Nordic Office;
- Preparing electronic newsletters to partners in the Nordic countries as well as internally in UNFPA;
- Translation and drafting of articles, op-eds and other journalistic work;
- Contribute with content to the UNFPA Nordic Office social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram);
- Undertake presentations for groups of students and visitors to UN City;
- Update contact database of key partners in the Nordic countries.
- Assist in the planning of high-level visits / travels to the Nordic region;
- Assist in organizing logistics and communication in relation to events, launches and seminars;
- Assist in other related duties as required, including administrative tasks and joint activities with the UN agencies in Copenhagen.
- University student of: Political Science / International Relations / Development Studies / Global Health / Communications, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in development and gender issues and particularly, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR);
- Fluency in a Nordic language and fluency in English is mandatory, knowledge of an additional Nordic languages is an asset;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software package;
- Knowledge of InDesign, photoediting and/or video editing is an asset;
- Experience with public information work, events, campaigns and outreach;
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
Please send your application with cover letter and CV in one pdf-file (named firstname and lastname) by email to nordic.office [ät] unfpa.org, no later than 29 March. Write “Application internship” in the email subject line.
Please note that only students who are enrolled in a university programme during the time of the internship are eligible applicants.