YK:n väestörahaston UNFPA:n Kööpenhaminan toimisto hakee harjoittelijaa 1.9.2018 - 31.1.2019 väliselle ajalle.
Hakemuksen voi lähettää 18.3.2018 mennessä osoitteeseen nordic.office [ät] unfpa.org. Alla kuvaus paikasta ja vaatimuksista englanniksi.
UNFPA Nordic Office
UN City, Copenhagen
1 September 2018 – 31 January 2019
Who we are
UNFPA is the United Nations reproductive health and rights agency. UNFPA is working to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. The UNFPA Nordic Office serves to liaise with key external partners including governments, parliaments, NGOs and media in the Nordic countries covered by the office.
Analysis / Communication / Media related assignments:
- Political analysis; updating donor profiles of countries covered by UNFPA Nordic Office with emphasis on ODA policies and the UNFPA mandate;
- Media monitoring in all the countries covered by the Nordic Office;
- Preparing electronic newsletters to partners in the Nordic countries as well as internally in UNFPA;
- Translation and drafting of articles, op-eds and other journalistic work;
- Manage UNFPA Nordic Office social media accounts;
- Undertake presentations for groups of students;
- Update contact database of key partners in the Nordic countries.
- Assist in the planning of high-level visits / travels;
- Assist in organizing logistics and communication in relation to the launch of UNFPA’s flagship report State of World Population (SWOP) and other events /seminars;
- Assist in other related duties as required, including administrative tasks and joint activities with the UN agencies in Copenhagen.
- Student of Political Science / International Relations / Development Studies / Global Health / Communication, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest in development and gender issues and particularly, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software package and social media;
- Knowledge of InDesign and/or photoediting is an asset;
- Experience with public information work, events, campaigns and outreach;
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams;
- Fluency in a Nordic language and fluency in English is mandatory, knowledge of other Nordic languages is an asset.
Please send your application with cover letter and CV in one pdf-file (named firstname and lastname) by email to nordic.office [ät] unfpa.org, no later than 18 March. Write “Application internship” in the subject line of the email.
Please note that only students who are enrolled in a university programme during the time of the internship are eligible applicants. The internship is unpaid.